Who we are
ANTEA Cement is an investment with the highest standards applied in terms of construction and operation in Albania and a total value exceeding 200 million Euro. The Plant was constructed by CBMI Construction Co, a Chinese construction company. Under the supervision of TITAN Engineering which implemented the highest possible safety standards the project was completed on time, within the forecasted budget and with zero accidents. ANTEA Cement has a production capacity of 1.4 million ton of cement yearly and 3.300 ton clinker per day. The plant is located at Boka e Kuqe, Borizane which is 50 km away from Tirana, the capital city of Albania. The plant serves not only local market demand in Albania but also exports to neighboring countries.
Corporate social responsibility is a basic element of TITAN Group and consequently ANTEA’s governing objectives and one of its corporate values. ANTEA has been constructed from the very beginning to ensure energy efficiency and environmental effectiveness, while addressing society concerns.
- To ensure energy efficiency and environmental effectiveness, the plant has been constructed with the best available technologies. As an example, the plant uses closed storage for over 100.000 tons of raw materials, and all transportation of materials within the plant is via covered conveyors to decrease fugitive dust. The latest technology with vertical grinding mills which take less space is being used, ensuring a better environmental performance and higher efficiency in electricity consumption. ANTEA uses bag filters which although have higher operational cost guarantees a better environmental performance.
- To address society's concerns an elaborated Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Study (ESIA) has been performed by Atkins, an internationally renowned environmental consultancy company. The study included a survey of the societal concerns of the local inhabitants resulting in a five year Social Compensation Plan.
At ANTEA Cement we are committed to create value for our employees, the local community, our suppliers and clients through strengthening our core values, applying ethical business practices having an open and continuous communication with all stakeholders and addressing their most material issues in a timely and proper manner. Although the environment where we operate has its own challenges, we strive to be responsible company through identifying our impact on the society and taking action to create value for its stakeholders by minimizing the adverse effects while increasing welfare and will being of our employees, local communities and partners. We have in place an annual CSR Action Plan designed to implement all the development projects, actions and activities falling under the four pillars of the CSR strategy, which are:
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Healthy and Safe working place for our Employees
- Reduction of Environmental Impact
- Promotion of Sustainable Development
Our Integrated Management System
ANTEA Cement has in place an Integrated Management System (IMS) which is comprised of three management systems and one standard being:
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- SA 8000:2014 Social Accountability Standard
ANTEA is the first and the only company in Albania to have implemented the Social Accountability Standard 8000, which provides for an auditable system setting out the voluntary requirements to be met in the workplace by employers, including workers rights, workplace conditions and management systems.
ANTEA as best practice
The environmental and social impact assessment for the plant and the quarries as well as the subsequent Quarry rehabilitation, has been praised by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and referred as a case study. The Health and Safety system applied during the construction phase, as well as the working conditions established thereafter have been mentioned by the International Financie Cooperation (IFC) as an exemplary implementation of its s Performance Standard 2 on labor and working conditions